Friday 3 December 2010

The White Ride of My Life

Yesterday was defiantly a memorable day and will be for many more years to come

Before yesterday I had never been out in thick snow on a bicycle before, but I have been out on a bike when there has been ice, if I remember correctly that was many years ago on a Christmas morning

So going back to yesterday, before I went out I was asking on Twitter, no replies there, so I asked on Facebook, some people advised me against it and I could understand why, I had no helmet and still have no helmet, because I can not afford to buy one at the moment

So before I left I was nervous, but after riding through the town and to a local country park I was happy to finally reach the park in one piece, the snow was extremely thick in the park, not surprisingly, at times I did try pedalling hard, I did not fall off, my feet did fall off the pedals though and I landed on my feet about five times throughout the day, but if you did see how thick the snow was, the same may have happened with you too unless you are a balancing expert

But what made it the ride of my life was that I had to concentrate like never before and had to think strategically all while still smiling and having fun especially once in the park

I was in the park for just under one hour, the other hour was spent riding to the park and riding home, including stopping to use my phone and my camera

So all in all, I had a fun day and I hope that ride taught me stuff, anything, could be that my handling of my bike from now on will improve by about 2% or possibly my endurance may have increased by about 5% after all that tough riding through the snow and snow blasting me in the face, it was like punishment if you looked at it another way, but I look at in a way and I just remember having fun

I will be doing this again, if not this month while the snow is still here, the next time the snow comes to visit us once again

All photos taken from yesterday can be seen here on my Picasa Web Albums, I hope you will take a look at all of the photos and if you want you to use the photos just ask me, but if you want to save them to a computer, just do that, no need to ask me

Thank you for reading this blog post, I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it

No comments:

Post a Comment